BLITZ DAMPER ZZ-R for GR Yaris
Made in Japan high-quality genuine BLITZ ZZ-R Damper
You can also purchase other BLITZ parts from Easy Cars Japan
The set includes the items on the picture
What is the full-length adjustment type?
By simplifying the structure, the “screw-type”, which has been mainly used for the reasonable harmonic drive, requires adjustments such as letting the spring play and preloading (shrinking) when adjusting the vehicle height.
These adjustment methods were prone to problems such as poor ride quality, bottoming out, and abnormal noise.
The “total length adjustment type” adopted by DAMPER ZZ-R allows the length of the entire shock absorber to be adjusted independently of the spring.
This makes it possible to adjust the vehicle height without changing the stroke amount, and there is no need to worry about troubles such as bottoming out.
Of course, as with the conventional screw type, it is possible to adjust the vehicle height and preload by expanding and contracting the spring, so it can be used according to the situation.
Full-length adjustable structure and benefits
The full-length adjustment type vehicle height adjustment is performed by moving the lock position (B) of the lower bracket part up and down.
When the position of B goes up, the length (overall length) of the entire shock absorber becomes shorter, so the vehicle height is lowered by that amount.
With the full-length adjustment type, the spring length (A) does not change at all even if the vehicle height is lowered.
In other words, the stroke amount (movable range) does not change, so it is possible to achieve lowdown while minimizing changes in ride quality.
What is a single-cylinder type?
“Single cylinder type” refers to the type in which the inside of the shell case of the shock absorber becomes a cylinder as it is, and oil, gas, piston valve, etc. are contained in one cylinder. The feature is that the oil chamber and the gas chamber are completely separated with the free piston as the boundary.
The “double cylinder type” has another cylinder inside the shell case, and the piston valve moves up and down in it.
The DAMPER ZZ-R has a simple structure and high rigidity, and the single-cylinder type is adopted in the entire lineup with the aim of generating stable damping force by increasing the diameter of the piston.
- It has a simple structure, high rigidity, excellent heat dissipation, and high durability.
- It has a large oil capacity and a sufficient heat capacity and can exert a stable damping force.
- By increasing the diameter of the piston, more delicate damping force adjustment is possible.
- Since the oil chamber and gas chamber are completely separated, the degree of freedom of installation is high.
- Due to the complicated structure, heat tends to be trapped and the manufacturing cost is high.
- Due to the structure, the capacity of oil is reduced.
- Due to the structure, it is difficult to increase the diameter of the piston.
- Since there is no separation between the oil chamber and the gas chamber, there are restrictions on the mounting angle.
There are no reviews yet.